Live The Dream

Six months. One backpack. Bring it on.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Trip

In case you're wondering, here is a rough itinerary of my trip. I say rough because I fully intend to discover small towns, stay longer if I love somewhere and cut other places on a whim. And yes, I realize some of the math might fully add up. I've tried to leave extra days for rest, travel, staying later, but I've also got places where I know I'll have to cut some time from certain cities, and I won't know which until I'm there.

The approximate number of days are in brackets

The first chunk is May 23 - June 23 (so I can be up north for the midnight Sun festivals)Portugal
- Porto (1),
-Lagos (3)

Spain
- Seville (3),
- Granada (2)
- Madrid (5)
- Barcelona (3 - including a day trip to Andorra..I've already been there so I'm not giving it too much time..)

France
- Paris (3 - including a day trip to Versailles. I've already been there, so I'm moving on quickly)

Netherlands
- Amsterdam (3)

Chunk 2: June 24 - Aug 17
Sweden
-Stockholm (5, including a midnight sun cottage party just outside the city.)

Finland
-Helsinki (3)

Estonia
Talinn (2)

Latvia
-Riga (3)

Lithuania
-Vilnius (2)

Poland
- Warsaw (3)
- Krakow (4 - inclu a day trip to Auschwitz)

Czech Republic
- Cesky Krumlov (2)
..I've already seen Prague, in case you were wondering why I skipped that

Austria
- Vienna (4)

Slovakia
-Bratslava (4)

Hungary
- Budapest (5)

Bosnia (maybe..see how brave I'm feeling)
-Sarajevo (3)
-Mostar (2)

Croatia
- Dubronovik (4)
- Split (2)
- Random Islands (3)

Slovenia
-Lake Bled (2)
- Ljubjana, (3)

From here I'll fly RyanAir (providers of cheap flights and lousy service) to the UK.

Chunk 3: Aug 17 - Sept 15ish
-The UK (Either backpacking or working at my bar in London and crashing with a friend. Matt should also be making a grand arrival at one point during this month).

Chunk 4: September 15 - October 14

Germany
- Berlin (3)
-Munich (5 - OKTOBERFEST!!)

Italy *meeting my mom here*
Rome (7)
Florence (7)

Greece
Athens (7) *mom flies out at the end of here*

Chunk 5: The final leg. Oct 13 - Nov 30.. this bit isn't fully planned in any detail yet

Italy (yes, again)
-Venice
-Cinque Terre

Macedonia
-Skopje (to visit a friend)

Greece
-???

Israel (Nov 5 - 30ish). I may stop off in Turky or somewhere first... I have a long time on the trains to plan the rest of this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dana..
I'm soo crazy jelous of your adventures. I just came back from europe and all your stories bring tears to my eyes..
Keep on rockin'..

Sat Jul 29, 01:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home