Live The Dream

Six months. One backpack. Bring it on.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Gotta get out of Lagos

So, Lagos is gorgeous. Picturesque beaches, palm trees, perfect sunny days... it's awesome. But the mentality, I'm afraid, I've outgrown.

The hostel I'm staying at is quite partyartyarty and reminds me why I stopped going to frat parties. The girls are dressy in a way that no backpackers should be. The guys are just looking to score (mostly, there have been exceptions to both rules). They make silly rules like "get caught drinking with your left hand and you have to chug...". Bah. Now I feel like I'm 70 years old.

I think it's because there really isn't much to see in this city, so people just start drinking and don't stop. Don't get me wrong. I like to drink-but not to the exclusion of everything else. I like sightseeing and surf lessons, and good conversation, and random cities, and...yeah.

Anyway... off to Seville tomorrow. Good thing I have no hostel booked. Wish me luck...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you have a super-fun adventure planned!!! Awesome!! I look forward to more updates and pictures! Yay! - Crystalita

Sun May 28, 12:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog Dana, I'll be thinking of you as you set out on this awesome adventure. Hope you cherish every moment of it. You made it kiddo.

Adam

Sun May 28, 02:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweetie the people there didn't make up the left-hand rule. it's called bull-moose. and it's always in affect when you drink here! :) xxx sara

Sun May 28, 10:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heeeey Dana :) Sounds like you're having an awesome time. I'm glad.
You're in Lagos Portugal right? For a second I thought you treked all the way down to Nigeria heh.
I look forward to live vicariously through your blog.
Travel safe :)
Iz

Wed May 31, 04:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home