Live The Dream

Six months. One backpack. Bring it on.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Equipment failure in Stockholm

The love of my life has left me...

...My camera has died. For those who know me, they'll know what a tragedy this is. I'm rarely without my Canon S2 IS. It's been to Israel and England and everywhere else. It takes beautiful pictures. And now the screen will only show the dreaded E18 error. Jammed lens. I'm screwed. None of my options at this point seem much cheaper than a new camera at this point. I don't have the money for this, but I don't want to be camera-less.

Also, my shoes have bit the dust. I've been in denial about it for a bit. I tried tying them looser and tighter. I tried thick and thin socks. I tried insoles. Today, though, the foot pain was almost unbearable. It started shooting up my shins to my knees. It was time to admit that my shoes were officially toast. The lovely guy who was helping me at the camping shop said that it was likely because my shoes were meant more for hiking, and the street-walking I'd been doing killed them. Grand.

My feet hurt and I have no camera.

Midsummer was awesome. I'm glad my camera at least waited till after that to conk out. I was at a cottage belonging to a friend of a friend. I have pictures of what looks like a plain old sunrise, taken at 2 am as the sun was on it's way up again. Also, I ate meatballs, herring (it's traditional!) , drank schnapps and sang kareoke. Everybody Was King Foo Fighting...

Sweden's landscape looks remarkably like Ontario. Driving up there, I could have sworn I was on my way to a May 24 party somewhere.

Does it count as partying till dawn if dawn happens at 2 am?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home